Thursday, April 17, 2014

Starting a Child Care Business - Chapter 13 Insurance

Starting a Child Care Business - Chapter 13 Insurance

Liability insurance may not be required in a home child care centers but certainly it will be required for larger group centers. Believe me, you want to make sure that you have this in place before your doors open. We

live in a litigious society and some people are just looking for some reason to sue. When you are working with young children, you open yourself up to a greater liability than most any business around. Accidents do happen and you want to be covered if something does. Be aware of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) and other childhood illness that may increase your liability. I was very fortunate that no serious incident ever happened at my facilities, but it was always a great peace of mind knowing that this insurance was in place.

You will also need to have workman’s comp insurance, if you plan to hirer employees. Workman's compensation (or workman's comp) insurance is a form of state-regulated, no-fault liability insurance, which covers employee medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation services, and death resulting from work-related injury or illness. More...

For more information about Starting a Child Care Business, contact Networx LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment